The following entry is Open Game Content
“Arctic” is a racial template that can be applied to any race. Arctic races have been adapted for worlds that are extremely cold and barren.
Personality: As the base species.
Physical Description: Arctic races have a thick white coat of fur on their skin. Their feet (if humanoid) are heavily furred with claws on the toes and thick pads on the bottom.
Relations: As the base species.
Alignment: As the base species.
Arctic Lands: Arctic races prefer lands that are perpetually covered in snow.
Religion: As the base species.
Language: As the base species.
Names: As the base species.
Adventurers: As the base species.
Arctic Racial Traits
• Insulated: Arctic races have cold resistance 5. If an arctic race’s base species already had cold resistance, it is increased by 5. Arctic races never suffer damage from extremely cold conditions.
• Reduced Food Needs: Arctic races only have to eat half as often as normal races, but when they do eat, they require twice as much food as normal.
• Fire Vulnerability: Arctic races suffer a –4 racial penalty to all saving throws caused by heat or fire damage.
• Heat Weakness: When a member of an arctic race fails a Fortitude save to avoid suffering damage from very hot conditions, the damage dealt is normal instead of subdual damage.
• Snow Walking: Arctic races suffer no movement penalties when walking on snow or ice.
• Automatic Languages: As base species.
• Level Equivalent: Same as base species.
This material originated in the Dragonstar: Galactic Races by Fantasy Flight Inc. (License)