The material below is Open Game Content
During construction of the City of Brass, the efreet employed all manner of races. Most were slaves kept by the efreet in their palaces. When the City was finished most of these slaves were killed; the great nobles of the City however took some as consorts and concubines. The resulting offspring of such a mating was a creature that had traits of both parents. Many efreet killed the offspring at birth seeing them as a mark on their society. Some saw the potential for a new race—pawns to be used in their wars against the djinn.
Over the years many efreet have taken non-efreeti mates and spawned children that they unleash on the rest of the universe. Cheitans are raised to be cruel, uncaring, and unforgiving—traits the efreet both possess and admire.
Sometimes, a cheitan turns from its heritage and sees the good in life and embraces such things. These cheitans usually don’t live very long, especially in the presence of another cheitan or an efreeti.
Creating a Cheitan
“Cheitan” is an inherited template that can be added to any corporeal humanoid, monstrous humanoid, or outsider (hereafter referred to as the base creature). It cannot be added to an efreeti. A cheitan uses all the base creature’s statistics and abilities except as noted here. Do not recalculate the creature’s HD, base attack, or base saves if its type changes.
Size and Type: The base creature’s type changes to outsider. Size is unchanged. Cheitans do not gain the augmented subtype. Cheitans are normally native outsiders.
Speed: Unless the base creature has a better fly speed, the creature can fly at 40 feet per round with perfect maneuverability.
Armor Class: Natural armor increases by +3 (this stacks with any natural armor bonus the base creature has).
Attack: A cheitan has two slam attacks. If the base creature can use weapons, the cheitan retains this ability. A cheitan fighting without weapons uses a slam when making an attack action. When it has a weapon, it usually uses the weapon instead.
Full Attack: A cheitan fighting without weapons uses two slams when making a full attack. If armed with a weapon, it usually uses the weapon instead. If it has a hand free, it uses a slam as a secondary attack.
Damage: Cheitans have slam attacks. If the base creature does not have these attack forms, use the damage values in the table below. Otherwise, use the values below or the base creature’s damage values, whichever are greater.
Special Attacks: A cheitan retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following.
- Heat (Ex) A cheitan’s body deals 1d3 points of extra fire damage whenever it hits in melee with a natural attack or in each round it maintains a hold while grappling.
- Spell-Like Abilities: A cheitan with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of 8 or higher has spell-like abilities depending on its HD, as indicated on the table below. The abilities are cumulative; a cheitan with 4 HD can use detect magic as well as produce flame. Unless noted otherwise, an ability is usable once per day. Caster level equals the creature’s HD, and the save DCs are Charisma-based.
|1-2||Detect magic 3/day|
|3-4||Produce flame 3/day|
|7-8||Wall of fire|
|9-10||Scorching ray (1 ray) 3/day|
Special Qualities: A cheitan retains all the special qualities of the base creature and also gains the following.
- Darkvision (Ex) Cheitans have darkvision to a range of 60 feet. If the creature already possesses darkvision, use it or this one, whichever provides the greater range.
- Outsider Traits (Ex) Cannot be raised or resurrected, though a limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection spell can restore it to life. Outsiders with the native subtype can be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected normally.
- Resistance to Fire (Ex) Cheitan have resistance to fire 20.
Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +6, Dex +4, Con +2, Wis +2, Cha +2.
Skills: A cheitan gains skill points as an outsider and has skill points equal to (8+ Int modifier) x (HD +3). Do not include Hit Dice from class levels in this calculation—the cheitan gains outsider skill points only for its racial Hit Dice, and gains the normal amount of skill points for its class levels. Treat skills from the base creature’s list as class skills, and other skills as cross- class skills.
Environment: Same as the base creature or the Elemental Plane of Fire.
Challenge Rating: HD 4 or less, same as the base creature +1; HD 5 to 10, same as the base creature +2; HD 11 or more, same as the base creature +3.
Alignment: Always evil (any).
Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +4.
This material originated in a 3PP Source