The following entry is Open Game Content
“Desert” is a racial template that can be applied to any race. Desert races have been adapted for worlds that are extremely hot and arid.
Personality: As the base species.
Physical Description: Desert races have thick, rugged skin. Their feet (if humanoid) are wider and flatter than their base species with thick pads on the bottom.
Relations: As the base species.
Alignment: As the base species.
Desert Lands: Desert races prefer lands that are very hot and dry, ideally covered in sand or ash.
Religion: As the base species.
Language: As the base species.
Names: As the base species.
Adventurers: As the base species.
Desert Racial Traits
• Insulated: Desert races have fire resistance 5. If a desert race’s base species already had fire resistance, it is increased by 5. Desert races never suffer damage from extremely hot conditions.
• Reduced Water Needs: Desert races only have to drink half as often as normal races, but when they do drink, they require twice as much water as normal .
• Ice Vulnerability: Desert races suffer a –4 racial penalty to all saving throws caused by cold or ice damage.
• Cold Weakness: When a member of a desert race fails a Fortitude save to avoid suffering damage from very cold conditions, the damage dealt is normal instead of subdual damage.
• Sand Walking: Desert races suffer no movement penalties when walking on loose sand.
• Automatic Languages: As base species.
• Level Equivalent: Same as base species.
This material originated in the Dragonstar: Galactic Races by Fantasy Flight Inc. (License)