The material below except the terms TaZoel and KaNgrej are Open Game Content.
TaZoel and KaNgrej are product identity of Primal Urge Games and are used here with permission.
• +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence: TaZoel are highly in tune with their surroundings, though their dependence on divine sources restricts their learning.
• Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic): TaZoel are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person. TaZoel always have swim speeds and thus can move in water without making Swim checks. TaZoel can breathe underwater.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, TaZoel have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• TaZoel base land speed is 30 feet. An TaZoel has a swim speed of 30 feet. TaZoel have a burrow speed of 10 feet.
• KaNgrej Bloodline (Ex): As a KaNgrej species, an TaZoel may take any feat with KaNgrej as a prerequisite. Additionally, an TaZoel may take class levels in the prime KaNgrej racial class.
• Natural Attacks (Ex): An TaZoel possesses powerful claws, causing 1d6 points of slashing damage.
• Natural Armor (Ex): A TaZoel’s thick carapace grants a +2 bonus to AC.
• Low-Light Vision (Ex): TaZoel can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of low illumination.
• Water Dependent (Ex): TaZoel can survive out of the water for 6 hours per point of Constitution (after that, refer to the drowning rules).
• Divine Protection (Sp): Because of their close connection to deities, all TaZoel are able to ask for protection in times of need. The protection takes the form of a single protection spell (protection from good, protection from evil, protection from law, protection from chaos) as if cast by a cleric of the TaZoel’s character level. The target for the effect is the TaZoel. A TaZoel may only invoke forms of protection that are opposite to an aspect of his alignment (eg. a lawful good TaZoel may only invoke protection from evil or protection from chaos). A TaZoel with a neutral aspect to its alignment may invoke either form of protection for that aspect. A TaZoel may invoke this ability a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). A TaZoel may only be under 1 such effect at a given time.
• Religious Upbring: Knowledge (religion) is always a class skill for TaZoel.
• Automatic Languages: KaNgrej and TaZoel. Abyssal, Celestial, or Infernal. Aquan, Auran, Ignan, or Terran.
• Bonus Languages: Common and Undercommon.
• Favored Class: Cleric. A multiclass TaZoel’s cleric class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty when multiclassing.
• Level Adjustment: +0.
Random Starting Ages
|Race||Adulthood||Barbarian Rogue Sorcerer Soulknife Wilder||Bard Fighter Paladin Ranger Psychic Warrior||Cleric Druid Monk Psion Wizard|
|Race||Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|TaZoel||200 years||300 years||400 years||+1d100 years|
1 -1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
2 -2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
3 -3 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
Random Height and Weight
|Race||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|TaZoel, male||7’||+1d12||220 lb.||x (2d4) lb.|
|TaZoel, female||7’||+1d12||220 lb.||x (2d4) lb.|