The material below except the terms VaeRdin and KaNgrej are Open Game Content.
VaeRdin and KaNgrej are product identity of Primal Urge Games and are used here with permission.
• +2 Charisma, -2 Strength: VaeRdin are a friendly species of KaNgrej. However, they are less powerful physically than their kin.
• Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic): VaeRdin are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person. VaeRdin always have swim speeds and thus can move in water without making Swim checks. VaeRdin can breathe underwater. A VaeRdin cannot breathe air.
• Small: As a Small creature, a VaeRdin gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and has lifting and carrying limits three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
• VaeRdin base land speed is 20 feet. A VaeRdin has a swim speed of 40 feet. VaeRdin have a burrow speed of 10 feet.
• Water Dependent (Ex): VaeRdin can survive out of the water for 4 hours per 2 points of Constitution (after that, refer to the drowning rules).
• Aquatic Nimbleness (Ex): While in the water, a VaeRdin gains the Lightning Reflexes feat for free, even if he doesn’t meet the prerequisites.
• Befuddle (Sp): Using his impressive rhetoric, a VaeRdin can confuse foes, causing an effect similar to the daze spell. This ability can affect any creature that shares a common language with the VaeRdin. This ability is usable a number of times per day equal to the VaeRdin’s Charisma modifier (minimum 1). Treat this ability as the daze spell cast by a bard of the VaeRdin’s character level when determining casting time, range, save, duration, and spell resistance.
• KaNgrej Bloodline (Ex): As a KaNgrej species, VaeRdin may take any feat with KaNgrej as a prerequisite. Additionally, a VaeRdin may take class levels in the prime KaNgrej racial class. Any feats or abilities increasing the potency of natural attacks is one step lower for the diminutive VaeRdin (for example, if a level of the KaNgrej class would increase the damage from natural attacks to 1d10, the damage is only increased to 1d8 in the VaeRdin).
• Natural Attacks (Ex): A VaeRdin possesses powerful claws, causing 1d4 points of slashing damage.
• Natural Armor (Ex): A VaeRdin’s thick carapace grants a +1 bonus to AC.
• Natural Diplomat: VaeRdin are gifted at dealing with other creatures. Diplomacy is always a class skill for VaeRdin.
• Automatic Languages: Aquan, Common, and KaNgrej.
• Bonus Languages: Draconic and Undercommon.
• Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass VaeRdin’s bard class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty when multiclassing.
• Level Adjustment: +0.
Random Starting Ages
|Race||Adulthood||Barbarian Rogue Sorcerer Soulknife Wilder||Bard Fighter Paladin Ranger Psychic Warrior||Cleric Druid Monk Psion Wizard|
|Race||Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Human||35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|VaeRdin||20 years||30 years||40 years||+2d10 years|
1 -1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
2 -2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
3 -3 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
Random Height and Weight
|Race||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Human, male||4’10”||+2d10||120 lb.||x (2d4) lb.|
|Human, female||4’5”||+2d10||85 lb.||x (2d4) lb.|
|VaeRdin, male||2’8”||+2d4||40 lb.||x 1 lb.|
|VaeRdin, female||2’8”||+2d4||35 lb.||x 1 lb.|