The material below except the term Alratheen is Open Game Content.
Alratheen is product identity of Primal Urge Games and is used here with permission.
• +4 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, -2 Strength: An alratheen is impossibly nimble. However, it does not develop a strong immune system, and has limited strength.
• Outsider: Alratheen are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person. An alratheen cannot be raised or resurrected from the dead. Unlike most outsiders, alratheen must eat and drink, and do not possess darkvision.
• Small: As a Small creature, an alratheen gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and has lifting and carrying limits three-quarters of those of a Medium character. An alratheen has a carrying capacity equal to that of a Medium character when moving as a quadruped.
• Alratheen base land speed is 20 feet. As a quadruped, the alratheen can move at a speed of 40 feet. The alratheen has a climb speed of 20 feet.
• Absorb Fall (Ex): An alratheen’s frame is exceptionally adapted to absorbing the impact from falls. When determining the damage an alratheen would incur from falling, the height of the fall is reduced by 10 feet per character level.
• Arcane Enervation (Ex): Alratheen have a difficult time wielding arcane might. When casting arcane spells, an alratheen suffers 1 point of non-lethal damage per spell level.
• Mental Susceptibility (Ex): Due to an alratheen’s unique nature, they are more susceptible to mental attacks. An alratheen suffers a -4 penalty on saves versus Mind-Affecting spells, powers, and effects. Additionally, the duration of all such effects have double the duration where applicable.
• Mute (Su): Alratheen do not possess any speech organs. They are unable to speak without external aids. While on Terminus, an alratheen can cast divine spells with verbal components without speaking.
• Stability (Ex): It is incredibly difficult to knock an alratheen off of its feet. An alratheen is considered 1 size category larger for the purposes of resisting bull rush, overrun, and trip checks.
• Tactile Telepathy (Su): An alratheen can communicate directly with another creature it is touching. The alratheen can communicate telepathically with a touched creature with which it shares a known language. An unwilling target can make a Will save versus a Mind-Affecting effect to resist the communication. The DC for the save is 10 + alratheen character level + Charisma modifier.
• Unique Body Shape: Due to their unique body shape, alratheen have limitations on the type of armor and equipment that can be worn. An alratheen requires custom made armor to fully utilize their flexibility. This custom made armor is three times the normal cost. An alratheen is flexible enough to use normal armor, but the +4 bonus to Dexterity is negated in such a case. Additionally, an alratheen cannot wear any equipment that fastens around the neck, such as necklaces.
• Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, and Tumble are always class skills for an alratheen.
• Weapon Familiarity - Spiked Chain: Alratheen treat spiked chains as martial weapons instead of exotic weapons.
• Automatic Languages: Common.
• Bonus Languages: Any.
• Favored Class: Psychic Warrior. A multiclass alratheen’s psychic warrior class does not count when determining whether it takes an experience point penalty when multiclassing.
• Level Adjustment: +0.
Random Starting Ages
|Race||Adulthood||Barbarian Rogue Sorcerer Soulknife Wilder||Bard Fighter Paladin Ranger Psychic Warrior||Cleric Druid Monk Psion Wizard|
|Race||Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Human||35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Alratheen||25 years||37 years||50 years||+5d10 years|
1 -1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
2 -2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
3 -3 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
Random Height and Weight
|Race||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Human, male||4’10”||+2d10||120 lb.||x (2d4) lb.|
|Human, female||4’5”||+2d10||85 lb.||x (2d4) lb.|
|Alratheen||3’8”||+1d4||30 lb.||x 1 lb.|