The material below except the term Euqsam is Open Game Content.
Euqsam is product identity of Primal Urge Games and is used here with permission.
• +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Euqsams are perceptive, willful creatures. However, their extreme views on faunal life make dealing with other races arduous.
• Plant: Euqsams are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person. Though euqsams are plants, they do not possess the full set of attributes normally seen in plants. Euqsams are immune to poison, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph and stunning. Euqsams must breathe and eat, but do not sleep. However, euqsams do not possess low-light vision, are not immune to mind-affecting effects, and are subject to critical hits.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, euqsams have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Euqsam base land speed is 30 feet.
• Natural Armor (Ex): The thick vine-roots bonded to the skeleton of a host body grants an euqsam a +1 natural bonus to armor class.
• Cerebral Existence (Ex): Because an euqsam’s base form only possesses mental statistics (Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma), she is limited in the ability scores she can permanently increase. Whenever an euqsam would be able to permanently increase an ability score, such as from level advancement, she may only increase one of the three mental ability scores.
• Dormancy (Su): If an euqsam’s host body is destroyed, she enters a dormant state until she can root in a new host body. An euqsam can remain dormant for 1 year per character level before her consciousness entirely fades. While dormant, an euqsam cannot take any mental or physical actions, and she is unaware of the world around her. She can be restored to consciousness in one of two ways.
1) If the dormant euqsam is placed over the face of a candidate body that has been slain or has had its mental ability scores reduced to zero in the previous day, she will take root. This process takes 1d20 hours to complete.
2) If a creature with a viable candidate body handles a dormant euqsam, she reflexively assaults the creature’s mind. Each round the creature must make a Will save with a DC 5 + euqsam character level + euqsam Wisdom modifier. On a failed save, the creature’s Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma are each reduced by 1. This save must be made each round the dormant euqsam is handled. This save must be rolled each round the creature is in physical contact with the dormant euqsam. If the save is failed, the creature remains in contact with the dormant euqsam on the following round. On a successful save, the creature releases the euqsam. If the creature manages to escape, ability scores return at a rate of 1 point per minute. When all three ability scores are reduced to zero, the euqsam takes root. This process takes 1d20 minutes to complete.
The host body must meet the following criteria:
|humanoid, monstrous humanoid, animal, or magical beast.|
|faunal in nature.|
|possess a skeletal structure.|
The fusion of the euqsam and the new body result in the following changes:
|Hit points and hit dice are determined from the euqsam, not the host body.|
|Natural armor class bonuses combine any bonuses of the new body and the bonus from the euqsam.|
|The euqsam gains all natural attacks of the host body, though the euqsam must possess appropriate feats to make multiple attacks.|
|The walking speed of the euqsam becomes the walking speed of the new body. If the body possessed another form of locomotion, such as flight, the euqsam gains this movement type. The euqsam’s speed in this alternate form of locomotion is 10 feet less than the base body. If the body was capable of flight, the euqsam’s maneuverability is 1 category lower than the original maneuverability.|
|The euqsam inherits the Strength, Constitution, and Dexterity scores of the new body.|
|The Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma come from the euqsam.|
|The euqsam does not gain any skills, feats, or special abilities from the new body.|
• Fire Vulnerability (Ex): Euqsams are more susceptible to fire than other creatures. An euqsam suffers a –4 penalty on saves versus fire.
• Natural Guile: Euqsams are adept at disguising their motives and behaviors. Bluff and Disguise are always class skills for an euqsam.
• Relentless Drive (Ex): In dire circumstances, an euqsam is able to drive her host body beyond the point of collapse. An euqsam reduced to 0 or fewer hit points is not rendered unconscious. She can continue to function as long as her hit points remain above –10. While at 0 or fewer hit points, she can add her Wisdom modifier to a single physical attribute (Strength, Constitution, or Dexterity). Each round, she selects which physical attribute to modify. This effect lasts until she reaches –10 hit points, or her hit points become greater than 0.
• Undead Combat Knowledge (Ex): All euqsams learn how to combat undead creatures. An euqsam adds her Wisdom modifier to attack rolls versus undead.
• Undead Vulnerabilities (Ex): Though not undead, euqsams are susceptible to a range of spells and effects that target undead. Weapons that specifically target undead, such as undead bane weapons, effect euqsams as if they were undead. Spells that detect, ward against, hold, or control undead also effect euqsams as if they were undead.
• Automatic Languages: Euqsam and Sylvan.
• Bonus Languages: Common and Druidic.
• Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass euqsam’s fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty when multiclassing.
• Level Adjustment: +0.
Random Starting Ages
|Race||Adulthood||Barbarian Rogue Sorcerer Soulknife Wilder||Bard Fighter Paladin Ranger Psychic Warrior||Cleric Druid Monk Psion Wizard|
|Race||Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Human||35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Euqsam||1,500 years||2,250 years||3,000 years||+5d1000 years|
1 -1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
2 -2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
3 -3 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
Random Height and Weight
|Race||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Human, male||4’10”||+2d10||120 lb.||x (2d4) lb.|
|Human, female||4’5”||+2d10||85 lb.||x (2d4) lb.|
|Euqsam||1’||+1d12||5 lb.||x 1 lb.|