The material below except the term Cyndarim is Open Game Content.
Cyndarim is product identity of Primal Urge Games and is used here with permission.
+2 Intelligence, -2 Strength: Cyndarims are cunning and grasp new concepts quickly. However their bodies are frail and physically weak.
• Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic): Cyndarims are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person. Cyndarims always have swim speeds and thus can move in water without making Swim checks. Cyndarims can breathe underwater. They can survive outside of water for a number of hours equal to their character level. After this time, see the rules on suffocation.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, cyndarims have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Cyndarim base land speed is 20 feet. Cyndarims tire quickly when travelling across dry land, reaching a fatigued state in 1/4 the standard time. They cannot walk on dry land when carrying a load greater the light. A cyndarim has a swim speed of 40 feet.
• Darkvision (Ex): Cyndarims can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and cyndarims can function just fine with no light at all.
• Natural attacks: A cyndarim can make an unarmed attack with a tentacle. This attack causes 1d3 points of damage.
• Diminished carrying capacity: The unique forms of cyndarims limits the amount of equipment that can be carried. Cyndarims have carrying capacities 3/4 those of other medium humanoids.
• Distributed brain (Ex): A cyndarim’s unique neural structure provides improved mental faculties and resistance. Cyndarims receive a +2 bonus on all saves versus Mind-affecting effects. Additionally, cyndarims receive a +2 bonus on Concentration checks.
• Electrical sensitivity (Ex): Because of their unique form of communication, cyndarims are acutely sensitive to electrical disturbances. Cyndarims suffer a -1 penalty on all saves versus electrical attacks.
• Malleable form (Ex): The overall structure of a cyndarim’s body affords partial protection against blunt force trauma. Cyndarims possess DR 2/slashing or piercing.
• Partial invisibility (Ex): If a cyndarim is not “speaking” and wearing light armor, it receives a 25% concealment bonus when underwater. The concealment bonus decreases to 15% outside of water.
• Poison (Ex): A cyndarim’s tentacles secrete a painful poison. On a successful tentacle attack, a cyndarim can inject this poison. A cyndarim can use this ability a number of times per day equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1). The poison causes a -1 penalty to Dexterity and attack rolls for 1d4 rounds. This effect can be negated by poison resistance negates the effect or a successful fortitude save versus DC 10 + character level.
• Thin membrane (Ex): Cyndarim flesh rips easily, resulting in 1 additional point of damage from all slashing attacks.
• Automatic Languages: Aquan and Cyndarim.
• Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Infernal, Sahuagin, or Undercommon.
• Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass cyndarim’s wizard class does not count when determining whether it takes an experience point penalty when multiclassing.
• Level Adjustment: +0.
Random Starting Ages
|Race||Adulthood||Barbarian Rogue Sorcerer Soulknife Wilder||Bard Fighter Paladin Ranger Psychic Warrior||Cleric Druid Monk Psion Wizard|
|Race||Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Human||35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Cyndarim||50 years||75 years||100 years||+5d10 years|
1 -1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
2 -2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
3 -3 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
Random Height and Weight
|Race||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Human, male||4’10”||+2d10||120 lb.||x (2d4) lb.|
|Human, female||4’5”||+2d10||85 lb.||x (2d4) lb.|
|Cyndarim||5’0”||+1d12||90 lb.||x 1 lb.|