This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the Open Game License v1.0a.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, maenads have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Maenad base land speed is 30 feet.
• Naturally Psionic: Maenads gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
• Psi-Like Ability: 1/day—energy ray. A maenad can deal only sonic damage with this ability. It is accompanied by a tremendous scream of rage. Manifester level is equal to 1/2 Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The save DC is Charisma-based.
• Outburst (Ex): Once per day, for up to 4 rounds, a maenad can subjugate her mentality to gain a boost of raw physical power. When she does so, she takes a –2 penalty to Intelligence and Wisdom but gains a +2 bonus to Strength.
• Automatic Languages: Common, Maenad. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin. Maenads commonly know the languages of their enemies and of their friends, as well as Draconic, the language commonly found in ancient tomes of secret knowledge.
• Favored Class: Wilder.
• Level Adjustment: +0