The following material is Open Game Content the license for this material is located at the bottom of the page.
Men in Black (Low Level Agents)
|Fast Hero 2 / Smart Hero 3: HD 2d8+3d6+5 (CR5)|
|Defense||(17 vs melee)16; touch 13; flat footed 13||Melee||+2||DEX||16 (+3)|
|Hit Points||22||Ranged||+5||CON||12 (+1)|
|Save Fort||+2||Grapple||+2||INT||14 (+2)|
|Save Ref||+5||Dmg Threshold||12||WIS||12 (+1)|
|Save Will||+2||Action Points||-||CHA||9 (-1)|
Attacks unarmed attack: Atk +3 (BAB, +1 Combat Martial Arts); Dmg 1d4
9mm: Atk +5; Dmg 2d6; Crit 20
Combat knife: Atk +2; Dmg 1d4; Crit 19–20
Speed 30 ft
Skills Computer Use +4; Decipher Script +4; Demolitions +5; Drive +7; Escape Artist +5; Hide +9;
Investigate +4; Knowledge (arcane lore) +9; Knowledge (current events) +4; Knowledge (culture) +4; Knowledge (streetwise) +6; Move Silently +7; Pilot +4; Research +5; Ride +5; Search +10; Sleight of Hand +6; Tumble +7; Languages English[native] (speak, read/ write); Chinese[Mandarin](speak, read/write);French (speak, read/ write); German (speak, read/write); Russian(speak, read/write)
Feats/Talents Combat Expertise (reduce attack bonus up to -5, increase defense bonus up to +5); Combat Martial Arts (+1 BAB); Defensive Martial Arts (+1 Dodge bonus vs melee attacks); Educated (+2 Knowledge [Arcane Lore, Streetwise]); Evasion (Hero suffers no damage if successful Reflex save instead of half-damage); Linguist (Intelligence check to understand new language, or +2 to Decipher Script if written); Personal Firearms Proficiency; Savant (Search +3); Simple Weapons Proficiency
Reputation & Allegiances +1; Unknown (Whoever is in charge of the Men in Black!)
FX Items Black Shades (Bestows darkvision upon the wearers).
Possessions .9mm, encrypted PDA, advanced communication equipment
Men in black are mysterious agents working toward uncertain ends. It is uncertain who they work for, how and where they are trained, or who is paying their bills. What is known is unreliable, as the conspiracy community continually grows the legend. Some believe this is an ancient arcane order that is either protecting humanity from alien/demonic/paranormal influences, or is working for such alien/demonic/ paranormal influences.
- “I’d like to speak with you a moment.”
- “There is no need to be upset. Help me, and you will be rewarded.”
- “Sometimes things happen we don’t expect. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Now,…why don’t you tell me where it is?”
The “goblin” in this adventure is not a creature in the classic fantasy sense. It was created by combining various DNA sequences of several creatures in top secret, military-controlled labs and grown to maturity. It is a Semi-Human, spawned from the same project that created the creature found in (Modern Dispatch 41). The “goblin” is highly intelligent and has some basic language skills, yet is very alien to human understanding.
|Small Aberration (CR 3); HD1/2 4d8|
|Defense||15; touch 12; flat footed 12||Melee||+2||DEX||17 (+3)|
|Hit Points||8||Ranged||+6||CON||11 (0)|
|Save Fort||+0||Grapple||-2||INT||15 (+2)|
|Save Ref||+7||Dmg Threshold||11||WIS||10 (0)|
|Save Will||+1||Action Points||-||CHA||6 (–2)|
Attacks Claws: Atk +7; Dmg 1d4-1/1d4-1; Crit 20
Bite: Atk +2 or 0 (if using multi attack); Dmg d6-1; Crit 20
Attack Options Multiattack gives -2 to Bite.
Speed 20 ft
Skills Balance +4; Climb +1; Hide +33 [4 ranks, +3 Dex, +2 Stealthy, +4 natural, +20 Chameleon Skin]; Move Silently +7; Spot +1 Languages English (speak only)
Feats/Talents Multiattack; Natural Weapons (2 Claws and Bite); Simple Weapon Proficiency; Stealthy (+2 Hide, +2 Move Silently); Weapon Finesse (+3 Dex modifier to Claw attack instead of using Strength)
Special Qualities Darkvision; Chameleon Skin
Reputation & Allegiances 0; None
FX Items None
- Darkvision (Ex) The goblin has darkvision with a range of 60 feet.
- Chameleon Skin (Ex) The special skin of the goblin allows him to blend perfectly into his surrounding almost as if invisible. When he chooses to be invisible, he gains a +20 to Hide checks if immobile, +10 if moving, and bestows a 30% miss chance when attacked.
The goblin-friend is a small humanoid, with greenish-gray skin, much like a toad’s. Its face is angular with large dark eyes, and the creature is slender with long arms and legs. Interestingly, its hands and feet are webbed and its fingers and toes end with sharp claw-like appendages.
The goblin’s skin has a chameleonlike quality allowing it to blend very well with its surroundings, and he has been created with stealth and cunning. This secret experiment combines DNA from human and non-human sources. It is unknown at this time how many such creatures have been manufactured, or by whom.
|Altered Hound (CR 2); HD 2d8+4|
|Defense||13; touch 12; flat footed 11||Melee||+3||DEX||15 (+2)|
|Hit Points||13||Ranged||-||CON||15 (+2)|
|Save Fort||+5||Grapple||+3||INT||2 (-4)|
|Save Ref||+5||Dmg Threshold||15||WIS||12 (+1)|
|Save Will||+1||Action Points||-||CHA||6 (–2)|
Attacks unarmed attack: Atk +4; Dmg 1d6+2; Bite
Attack Options Trip as a free action on a successful bite attack.
Speed 40 ft
Skills Jump +4; Listen +2; Survival +4; Swim +5; Languages None
Feats/Talents Weapon Focus (Bite)
Special Qualities Darkvision (Ex), Rend (Ex), Trip (Ex), Track by Scent (Ex)
FX Items None
- Darkvision (Ex) Altered hounds have developed darkvision with a range of 60 feet.
- Rend (Ex) On a critical hit, the hound’s jagged teeth lock onto its prey, causing an additional 1d6 damage per round plus the normal critical hit damage (for the round the critical hit occurred). Thus, on a critical hit the hound does 2d6+6 (critical hit damage), +1d6 for rending, and an additional 1d6 points per round. The altered hound only lets go if it suffers incapacitating damage or its prey is incapacitated.
- Trip (Ex) When an altered hound hits with a bite attack, it can attempt to trip the opponent as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the hound.
- Track by Scent (Ex) An altered hound may use its advanced sense of smell to track creatures. When using the Survival skill for tracking purposes or Spot opposed against the Hide skill, this negates vision-related modifiers such as camouflage, cover, and darkness.
The altered hound is larger than a normal hound and has an extended jaw with sharply jagged teeth. The nose, genetically altered, provides an advanced sense of smell enabling superior tracking abilities. The eyes are large and black, seemingly alien, and the creature’s most disturbing aspect. Altered hounds are solidly built, with large chests and powerful muscles.
OPEN GAME LICENSE Version 1.0a
The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc “Wizards”). All Rights Reserved.
1. Definitions: (a)”Contributors” means the copyright and/ or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game content; (b)”Derivative Material” means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c) “Distribute” means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d)”Open Game Content” means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity. (e) “Product Identity” means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts; creatures characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content; (f) “Trademark” means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor (g) “Use”, “Used” or “Using” means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content. (h) “You” or “Your” means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the icense itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3.Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5.Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
6.Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder’s name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.
9. Updating the License: Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Open Game License v 1.0 Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
Modern System Reference Document Copyright 2002, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Bill Slavicsek, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Charles Ryan, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, Richard Baker, Peter Adkison, Bruce R. Cordell, John Tynes, Andy Collins, and JD Wiker.
System Reference Document Copyright 2000-2004, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.: Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, Bruce R. Cordell, based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
Modern Dispatch #81, 2006, 12 to Midnight, Inc.; Author: Ed Wetterman.
The Grand OGL Wiki, http://grandwiki.wikidot.com Copyright 2008-2011 Purple Duck Games; Authors: Mark Gedak, Alex Schroeder, Joel Arellano, George Fields, Yair Rezek, Mike Whalen, Shane O'Connor, Mike Rickard, John Whamond, Bill Browne, Eric Williamson, Slatz Grubnik, Charles R. Wenzler Jr, John Fraser, Jonathon Thompson, Thomas Boxall.