The material below is Open Game Content
Green gogg live underground; they are tied to the earth and nature. They play harmful and often deadly pranks on their human neighbours, such as poisoning crops and releasing murderous beasts upon their lands. They look like green skinned gnomes, with white-less bottle green eyes. As other breeds of gogg, they dress in full-size ponchos, covering their bodies from below the nose to just above the feet. Their grassy hair, though very short, is always incredibly dirty and jumbled.
Green Gogg, 1st Level Warrior
Small Outsider (Earth, Native)
Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6 hp)
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
AC: 13 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +1 natural), touch
12, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/–3
Attack: Short sword +2 melee (1d4/19-20) or light crossbow +3 ranged (1d6/19-20)
Full Attack: Short sword +2 melee (1d4/19-20) or light crossbow +3 ranged (1d6/19-20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft. /5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., resistance to acid 10, cold 5, electrical 10 and fire 5
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +1, Will –1
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 6
Skills: Handle Animal +3, Hide +11, Listen +4, Move Silently +7, Spot +4, Survival +4
Feats: Improved Initiative
Environment: Any land and underground
Organisation: Solitary, pair or gang (3-6)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Double standard
Alignment: Usually neutral evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +2
This creature is clearly humanoid, although it inexplicably reminds you of the filthy bud or sprout of some evil underground plant. It looks like a rather rotund, olive green gnome or halfling, with a malicious stare in its animal-like eyes and its pointy, muddled hair full of muck crusts, shoots and branches.
Green gogg do not like face-to-face combat, preferring to attack from behind or through the use of magic. They often use short swords and light crossbows, made of a strange wood, related to darkwood, which gives them the quality of masterwork weapons.
Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day–acid splash; 1/day–entangle. In addition, 3rd level or higher green gogg can use barkskin once per day and 9th level or higher green gogg can use blight (DC 13) once per day. Caster level equals the green gogg’s character level. Save DCs are Charisma based.
Skills: A green gogg’s contact with nature gives it a +4 racial bonus on Handle Animal, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot and Survival checks.
The green gogg warrior presented here had the following ability scores before racial adjustments: Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8.
Challenge Rating: Green gogg with Non-Player Character classes have a CR equal to their character level. Green gogg with Player Character classes have a CR equal to their character level +1.
Green Gogg As Characters
Green gogg characters possess the following racial traits.
- –2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, –2 Charisma.
- Small size: +1 on attack rolls, +1 to Armour Class, –4 on grapple checks, +4 on Hide checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium creatures.
- A green gogg’s base land speed is 20 feet.
- Darkvision up to 60 feet.
- +4 racial bonus on Handle Animal and Survival checks. Green gogg are greatly attuned to nature.
- +4 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently and Spot checks. Green gogg have heightened senses and great skill at avoiding the senses of other creatures in turn.
- Special Attacks (see above): Spell-like abilities.
- Special Qualities: Resistance to acid 10, cold 5, electrical 10 and fire 5.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gogg, Terran, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Draconic, Gnome, Ignan, Infernal.
- Favoured Class: Druid.
- Level Adjustment +2.