The material below is Open Game Content
Grunters are a species of evil humanoids, resembling both giants and goblinoids but actually related to neither. They are divided into five subtypes of progressing size and power levels, as detailed below.
All grunters have a common language based, unsurprisingly, on grunts and grumbles of various intensities. In addition, all grunters speak Giant and Goblin; those with Intelligence scores of 10 or higher speak Common as well.
Grunter Traits: All grunters share the following traits, unless otherwise noted:
- All grunters receive a +4 racial bonus on Intimidate checks, due to the unsettling nature of the grunting noises they make.
- Immunities (Su): For reasons unknown and probably unrelated to the natural evolution of grunters, most grunter species are immune to one or more specific attack forms, as detailed on each creature’s description.
* Grunter, Great (Monstrous Humanoid CR 6)
* Grunter, Grey (Monstrous Humanoid CR 1)
* Grunter, Grimy (Monstrous Humanoid CR 3)
* Grunter, Gross (Monstrous Humanoid CR 5)
* Grunter, Grotesque (Monstrous Humanoid CR 6)