The following entry is Open Game Content
Pevishan Racial Traits
• +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Created as a magical race, the pevishan are not gifted physically, but rather mentally and socially.
• Medium-size: As Medium-size creatures, pevishan have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Pevishan base speed is 30 feet.
• Low-light Vision: With their unusually radiant eyes, pevishan can see twice as far as a human in dim light, moonlight, or torchlight. With low-light vision, pevishan retain the ability to distinguish colors and details in poor illumination.
• Read Magic: With such a strong affinity for magic, pevishan have the ability to read magic at will, as per the read magic spell.
• Birth-School Benefits: The player of a pevishan character must choose his birth-school during character creation. The character is literally infused with the power of this school, and receives the following benefits:
- The character receives a +4 racial bonus to Spellcraft checks for tasks involving magic from the birth-school. The character also receives this bonus when he attempts to learn a new spell from the birth-school.
- The character receives a +4 racial bonus on his saving throws to resist spells from the birthschool.
- When the character casts a spell from his birth-school, the saving throw DC to resist the spell is increased by 1.
• Tapping the Power: Pevishan are a race born into magic. With such a strong connection to the energies of their birth-schools, pevishan can draw upon powers that many other races cannot. Each birthschool has access to a limited number of abilities that a pevishan can call upon in times of need. Below is a list of each birth-school and the abilities
|Abjuration||resistance, shield, endure elements|
|Conjuration||ray of frost, mount, summon monster I|
|Divination||detect poison, comprehend languages, detect secret doors|
|Enchantment||daze, sleep, hypnotism|
|Evocation||light, flare, magic missile|
|Illusion||ghost sound, change self, ventriloquism|
|Necromancy||disrupt undead, cause fear, chill touch|
|Transmutation||detect magic, expeditious retreat, message|
Each of these powers are usable a number of times per day equal to the pevishan’s Charisma modifier. Also, a pevishan need not be a sorcerer or wizard to use these abilities—they are powers the pevishan are born with and learn to cultivate naturally during their childhood. When casting these spells, the pevishan’s caster level is equal to his total class levels.
• Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic and Gnome.
• Favored Class: Sorcerer. A multiclass pevishan’s sorcerer class does not count when determining whether or not there is an XP penalty for multiclassing. Pevishan have magic coursing
through their blood, making them powerful sorcerers.
• Level Equivalent: +2.
This material originated in the Dragonstar: Galactic Races by Fantasy Flight Inc. (License)