The following entry is Open Game Content
Quasta Racial Traits
• +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength, –2 Constitution: Quasta are quick to dodge blows or manipulate fine tools with their talons, but are not terrifically strong or hardy.
• Small: As Small creatures, quasta receive the standard +1 size bonus to Armor Class, +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks. However, they must also use smaller weapons than those wielded by humans, and their carrying/lifting limits are three-quarters of those of Medium-size characters.
• Aberration traits: As aberrations, quasta are immune to spells that target humanoids, such as charm person and hold person.
• Quasta base speed is 30 feet. Further, while a quasta cannot fly (their wings only assist them in maneuvering), they may levitate up to a height of 10 ft. above the ground, supporting up to a medium load. To go any higher requires a Jump check by the quasta. In zero gravity, the quasta may move freely in any direction with a speed of 30 feet and good maneuverability. In an anti-magic zone, quasta may pull themselves along slowly with their wings and talons, but no faster than 5 ft. as a full round action, and may not take their 5 ft. bonus step while so impaired.
• Darkvison up to 60 feet.
• +2 racial bonus on all Pilot, Repair, and Use Device checks.
• +8 racial bonus on all Freefall checks.
• All-Around Vision (Ex): A quasta’s multiple eyes move in a coordinated, constantly scanning pattern, giving them a +4 racial bonus to Spot and Search checks. In addition, they can’t be flanked.
• Unusual Body Type: Because of their uncommon size, quasta seldomly find clothing or armor that will fit them. Typically, they must have such items made. Because they are a Small non-humanoid race, such items cost two times as much as normal, and are half as heavy.
• Automatic Languages: Quasta, and Common. Bonus Languages: Gnomish, Dwarven, Draconic.
• Favored Class: Mechanist or Pilot. At 1st level, a quasta must choose one of these two classes. The quasta’s levels in the chosen class do not count when determining whether or not there is an XP penalty for multiclassing. Quasta are well adapted to be either mechanists or pilots.
• Level Equivalent: +0.
This material originated in the Dragonstar: Galactic Races by Fantasy Flight Inc. (License)