Random Treasure Bundles
The following material is Open Game Content
Random Treasure Bundles
- The plates and silverware on the table are made of gold and worth 1,000 gp as a set. In addition, the 8 bottles of wine on the table are a special fey wine worth 50 gp per bottle.
- The pool of water glistens because of all of the silver coins and other shiny trinkets tossed inside. In total, there are 3,400 sp in the pond and another 200 gp worth of small silver trinkets such as silverware, lockets, goblets, bracelets, and necklaces. This treasure was found in a large cache by the sprites a few years ago and all of the coins bear the markings of the Fiendish Empire (making them several hundred years old).
- The rose flowers of this bush are eternal and never wilt. There are 9 mature flowers in all and each one is worth 50 gp.
- The owlbears devoured a lone scout two weeks ago and discarded his remains in the pool of water. The scout carried a cloak of elvenkind, a masterwork longsword, and a potion of bear’s endurance. His body can be found with a DC 15 Search check
- Owlbear cubs are quite valuable and can fetch as much as 3,000 gp in an open market. Unless the PCs are willing to travel to such a place, the merchants in Fort Thorn gladly arrange for 2,000 gp in trade for each cub that survives. Taking these cubs is a risk, and any remaining owlbears attempt to hunt them down and kill whomever has them.
- The spiders possess little of value, but they did manage to catch and consume a bugbear who wandered into their woods. This bugbear carried a +1 frost morningstar and wore a masterwork suit of chainmail. His body can be found by those climbing through the tree by making a DC 20 Search check.
- The hut contains most of the riches stolen by the tribe. These treasures include 1,300 gp in assorted coins (mostly silver), 50 yards of fine linen worth 250 gp, a silver serving set worth 100 gp, a worn tapestry depicting a fight from the Goblin Wars worth 500 gp, and a small chest containing four matching blue garnets worth 200 gp each.
Random Treasure Bundles II
- As a collection, the books in this library are worth almost 2,000 gp, but individual books are rarely worth more than 10 gp each.
- The hoard is substantial, containing a +1 steel shield, a +1 icy burst kama, a masterwork spiked chain, and +1 mithral breastplate, as well as a number of mismatched pieces of mundane steel armor. The shock sphere is tuned specifically to this room and if removed becomes little more than a steel ball.
- Buried among the flood of beetles are a deep blue sapphire worth 1,000 gp, a gem-encrusted crook worth 750 gp, and a golembane scarab. The sarcophagus itself is worth 10,000 gp for its gold alone, but removing a half-ton box from the complex is no easy task.
- A golden symbol featuring a demoniac relief hangs from the wall at the center of the balcony. A collector might pay as much as 800 gp for it.
- Buried beneath a halfcrumbled statue is +1 light crossbow with five +2 flaming burst bolts and a platinum circlet worth 1,500 gp clinging to a halfshattered stone head.
page revision: 6, last edited: 11 Oct 2009 15:19