The material below is designated as Open Game Content
Clever and capable, halflings love travel, and have great curiosity and an easygoing nature. Despite their goodnatured outlook, halflings are survivors, cunning and resourceful enough to survive in a world filled with large, dangerous creatures. When halflings travel through communities and countries populated by other races, they are quick to make friends and often end up at the centre of traveling or adventuring groups.
Exasperated adventuring companions claim that Halflings invented curiosity. With their small size and uncanny stealth, halflings can go nearly anywhere undetected. Remaining undetected, however, is rarely any fun. Halflings enjoy the benefits of their small size, and many secretly wonder how bigger races can ever do anything quietly.
Halflings enjoy a mixed lot of traveling companions; too many members of just one race makes for boring company. Although open-minded in the extreme, halflings can occasionally find dwarves too dour and serious for their tastes. Halflings particularly enjoy the company of gnomes.
LIGHFOOT HALFLING TRAITS
Lightfoot halfling characters have the following racial traits.
• +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
• Small size: As a Small creature, a lightfoot Halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armour Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
• Lightfoot halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
• +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks.
• +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
• +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the lightfoot halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
• +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
• +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
• Favoured Class: Rogue. A multiclass lightfoot halfling’s rogue class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
LIGHTFOOT HALFLING ADVANCEMENT
A lightfoot halfling who takes levels in his racial class uses the following game rule information.
Hit Die: d6.
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier (x4 if 1st level is the character's 1st character level).
Class Skills: Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis),
Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Table XIX: Lighfoot Halfling Racial Levels
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+0||Athletic prowess, save bonus|
|2nd||+1||+0||+3||+0||Thrown weapon mastery|
Weapon and Armour Proficiency: Lightfoot Halflings with racial class levels are proficient with all simple
weapons and with light armour.
Athletic Prowess: At 1st level, a lightfoot halfling's racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks improves to +3.
Save Bonus: A 1st-level lightfoot halfling's racial bonus on all saving throws increases by 1.
Thrown Weapon Mastery: At 2nd level, a lightfoot halfling gains a +2 bonus on damage rolls when using a thrown weapon or a sling.
Dexterity Boost: At 3rd level, a lightfoot halfling's Dexterity score increases by 2 points.
Fear Immunity (Ex): Starting at 4th level, a lightfoot halfling is immune to all forms of fear.
Charisma Boost: At 5th level, a lightfoot halfling's Charisma score increases by 2 points.