The material below is Open Game Content
Creating a Revenant Dragon
“Revenant” is a template that may be added to any dragon. The creature (referred to hereafter as the “base creature”) must have a Charisma score of at least 12. The dragon’s creature type changes to “undead.” It otherwise uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
Hit Dice: Revenant dragons are even tougher than their living counterparts, gaining four additional Hit Dice.
Speed: Revenant dragons are slower on the ground and in the air than they were in life. They lose 10 ft. from their base ground speed and 20 ft. from their flying, swimming, and
burrowing speeds, if any. In addition, the base creature’s maneuverability is reduced by one step, to a minimum of “clumsy”.
Attacks: Same as the base creature.
Damage: Same as the base creature.
Special Attacks: The revenant dragon retains all of the special attacks of the base creature as well as the following:
- Breath Weapon (Su): The revenant dragon gains a new breath weapon, a cone of holy (good dragon) or unholy (evil dragon) energy that deals damage equal to the breath weapon of its base creature or 2d8 per age category, whichever is higher. The revenant may choose which breath weapon to use each time it breathes, but it must still wait the normal
amount of time between blasts.
Special Qualities: A revenant dragon has all the special qualities of the base creature and those listed below. In addition, the revenant dragon gains the “undead” type.
- Turn Resistance (Ex): The revenant dragon has +4 turn resistance.
- Damage Reduction (Ex): A revenant dragon gains damage reduction 5/+1. If the base creature already had damage reduction, increase it by 5, and increase the type of weapon needed to negate the ability by one step (from silver to +1, +1 to +2, etc.).
- Fast Healing (Ex): A revenant dragon gains fast healing 10.
- Resistance to Energy (Ex): Revenant dragons are immune to cold and have fire and electricity resistance 15.
Saves: The base creature’s saves are each increased by +2.
Abilities: Revenant dragons have no Constitution score. They gain +2 Str, –2 Dex, and +4 Cha.
Feats: Same as base creature.
Climate/Terrain: Same as base creature.
Organization: Same as base creature.
Challenge Rating: As base creature +3.
Treasure: Double standard.
Alignment: As base creature.
The license for this material originates in a 3PP source