The following entry is Open Game Content
Ulb Racial Traits
• –2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Ulb biology allows them to resist many threats, but they are both sluggish and not very nimble by human standards.
• Medium: As Medium-size creatures, ulb have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Ulb base speed is 20 feet. An ulb may withdraw its pseudopod legs, and adhere directly to surfaces. This reduces the ulb’s speed to 5 feet, but it grants a +10 racial bonus to Climb checks while doing so. Extending or retracting its pseudopod legs is a move-equivalent action.
• Ooze Traits: Ulb are unusual for oozes, being intelligent, but they do share many of the features of that creature type. They are immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and polymorphing. Further, they are not subject to critical hits and cannot be flanked. Finally, they gain +10 hp due to their construction.
• While an ulb may hold multiple items at once, they may only concentrate on a single limb and a secondary limb at one time. This gives them the same modifiers that a humanoid using items in his main hand and off hand would have. The only significant difference is the ulb may designate different limbs to be their main limb and off-hand limb at the beginning of each round.
• Air bubbles: If allowed one full minute to prepare, an ulb can trap extra air within its body. This allows the ulb to hold its breath for double the normal duration before beginning to make drowning checks. This process is quite uncomfortable to the ulb, and cannot be maintained for longer than 10 minutes out of every 4 hour period.
• Amorphous: Ulb can compress their bodies tight enough to squeeze through a round hole that is 6 inches in diameter. In addition, they receive a +12 racial bonus to Escape Artist checks.
• Nearsighted: Ulb cannot sense anything beyond 60 feet away.
• Piercing Susceptibility: While ulb have thick, multilayered skins and internal baffles, being deeply stabbed still causes them grievous injury. All piecing weapons have their critical multiplier increased by 1 when used on an ulb.
• Radiation Susceptibility: Radiation is quite dangerous to single-celled beings like the ulb, and causes an additional point of damage per die to them. Further, an ulb cannot bud for a number of weeks equal to the damage inflicted as the ulb’s internal chemistry purges and repairs damaged DNA. Any radiation attack immediately ages the ulb 1 year for every die of damage it inflicts.
• Unusual Body Type: Because of their uncommon shape, ulb seldomly find clothing or armor that will fit them. Typically, they must have such items made. Because they are a medium non-humanoid race, such items cost two times as much as normal.
• Automatic Languages: Ulb speak their own language and Common. Bonus Languages: Any spoken language. Ulb have highly adaptable vocal abilities, and may reproduce the sounds, intonation, and inflection of any species that they have the opportunity to study and listen to.
• Favored Class: Cleric. Amulticlass ulb’s cleric class does not count when determining whether or not there is an XP penalty for multiclassing. Ulb are an extremely pious race.
• Level Equivalent: +1
This material originated in the Dragonstar: Galactic Races by Fantasy Flight Inc. (License)